Hello! Welcome to our blog on the top 5 games to buy as Fathers Day presents for under £20.
We are the UK's #1 Puzzles and Games specialists and have written this blog specially for those struggling to buy great presents for great prices for Father figures up and down the land.
Read to the bottom to get a special Father's Day discount code and if you like the blog remember to subscribe to our newsletter in the footer of the page for the latest gift ideas, news and deals.
Coming in at £15.99 we have Codenames the social word game with a simple premise and challenging game play. Two rival spymasters know the secret identities of 25 agents while teammates duke it out to identify each others secret agent identities.
Just try an avoid the Assassin! For less than £20 for a Father's Day gift this game is a strong contender for a memorable evening with the old man.
There is also a co-operative variant where a single team tries to achieve the highest score they can by playing against the game itself.
The teams compete to see who can make contact with all of their agents first.
Sounds interesting? You can find out how to play and more by clicking here.
- Team play fun - watch out if you are a little on the competitive side
- Low cost at £15.99
- Lots of replayability
- This is more for older player over 14 years of age. For games appropriate for younger ages, read below!
- This is not the most strategic game and often comes down to luck (this doesn't mean its not fun, just trickier to always win!)
- Normally best played in groups larger than two - the more the merrier, but 4 is best
Player Count: 2-8
Time: 15 Minutes
You can buy Codenames here and many more games by clicking here.
Scraping in below the £20 mark at £19.99, Weird Things Humans Search For is brought to you by the quirky minds of Big Potato Games.
They must have spent hours looking at some of the things you have been searching for and the results are... pretty weird we must say.
“Has a monkey ever touched a blue whale?”, “Did dinosaurs go to heaven?”, “Is ham evil?” – the list goes on.
How it's played (You can watch the video of how it is played by clicking here if you feel lazy):
In this party game, we give you the first half of a search, then you have to guess the rest. The more popular your answer, the more points you earn.
One player is the Search Master for the game. They’ll be acting like a normal quiz master, reading out the questions and keeping score.
Everyone else, split into teams of two or three and grab a pencil and some paper. The Search Master begins by reading out the first half of a popular internet search, like: “Why do I have so much…” with each team trying to guess the ost popular ending to the internet search (you only get two guesses!)
- Fun group play
- It is a game designed to make us laugh and for the most part does a great job
- This is a very different game to others we have played and it is a unique experience and one that no doubt will lead to some belly laughs from Dad
- Some of the laughs can go over peoples heads
- Replayability is relatively low compared to other games listed here
- Suitable for ages for 14+, for games that are more age appropriate, scroll below for games that are more suited to younger children
You can buy Weird Things Humans Search For by clicking here.
If you are looking for a fun cooperative game to play with Dad on Fathers Day, Just One fits the bill perfectly. This award winning game (not just any award, the Spiel des Jahres, the most prestigious award any game can win!) is great for both the sunny outdoors and indoors.
Just One is a cooperative party game in which players work together to find as many mystery words as possible, making you you work together to correctly identify up to 13 words.
It is a brilliantly simple game and very addictive to play, so comes highly recommended and is fun for all ages, an ideal game for a family picnic or keeping Dad on side if you want to be in his good books!
Check out the "How to Play" video here
- Cooperative fun
- Low cost at £15.99
- Great replayability
- Family game, fun for all ages over 8 years of age
- If dad is in to competitive board games this may not suit him
- If you want to beat dad at a game, remember this is a cooperative game so you may be better off checking out the next game in this list!
Player Count: 3-7
Time: 20 Minutes
You can buy "Just One" and more by clicking here.
The UK's #1 selling game is a strong contender in this weeks rankings. The ideal competitive game to play with Dad on Fathers Day. Dobble is a fantastically fun gift for all ages from young to old, best played while at the park, indoors and for a memorable Father's Day.
Battle one and other to match the correct pictures to one and other with this juicy sit down delight.
The smash-hit observation game where players race to match the identical symbol between cards. Reliant on a sharp eye and quick reflexes, Dobble creates excitement for children and adults alike while keeping every player involved in the action. There are 5 ways to play and it keeps things nice and competitive.
It may be more suitable for younger, keener eyes out there if you catch our drift! (Sorry dad!)
- If dad is the competitive type this may be the perfect opportunity to beat him!
- Low cost at £11.99
- Great replayability and 5 different ways to play
- Family game, fun for all ages over 7 years of age
- This is not a game where everyone can win but it is fast paced enough to be enjoyed many times over
- This writer is struggling to think of many other downsides, this is one of the best games available in the UK today!
Player count: 2-8
Time: 15 minutes
Age rating: 7+
Check out the "How to Play" Guide Here.
Cobra Paw is a new entrant to this list but just about pips the others to the post as number one in the under £20 games to buy for Father's Day. This game is nice and simple and has a low age entry point, allowing children as young as 6 to play.
It is a very simple game, requiring even faster lightening-quick reactions than Dobble for two to six players. It takes less than a minute to learn and only requires 30 seconds to play. When setting up you will place all dominoes face-up in the middle of the table. The player with the smallest hands start.
They roll two Catnippon Dice which are adorned with symbols. All players then find the domino-style tile called Clawfuku Stone with the matching two images on it as quick as they can.
It's fast paced, fun and when we tested it, kept everyone firmly engaged and was a fun, friendly environment. Great to get everyone in the family focused away from phones and laptops for once too!
Player Count: 2-6
Time: 5-15 Minutes
You can watch the "How to Play" video here.
You can buy Cobra Paw by clicking here.
Support puzzles-and-games.com: we are a small business nestled away in London and your support during these times means the world to us, you can buy any of these games by following the links in this article and can also take advantage of our 2% off deal, by using 2%DISCOUNT at checkout when you buy any of these games and more.
Oh! And don't forget to take advantage of our free delivery offer when you spend over £30 too! Look forward to seeing you again soon...